Pindi Pindi works actively to enhance the leadership capacity of Aboriginal community members and groups. We seek to serve as an exemplar of excellence in community-led translational research. A key aim of the Centre is to ensure community priorities are embedded in our research activities. Pindi Pindi will:
- conduct Aboriginal community-inspired and driven research in health, education and related fields;
- develop culturally appropriate and relevant resources and programs based on the research conducted;
- empower and build the knowledge base and confidence of Aboriginal people such that they make informed decisions about their wellbeing;
- train and capacity-build Aboriginal people;
- advocate for the health, education and wellbeing needs of the Aboriginal community on local, state, national and international platforms;
- develop strong research and communication relationships with state, national and international networks; and
- establish a coalition of Aboriginal researchers and organisations who share similar vision.